Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Marguerite Patten's Mushroom Fingers - 1970's
8 oz. mushroom
Third of a pint of milk
1 oz flour
1 oz butter
Dash of Worcester Sauce
Little parsley chopped
4 slices of buttered toast
1. Wash and chop mushroom caps and stalks coarsely.
2. Simmer in the milk until tender.
3. Blend flour and butter together and work into mushroom mixture gradually.
4. Cook gently for some little time until smooth.
5. Season well, add sauce and parsley.
6. Spread on toast and divide into fingers.