This is one of Marguerite Patten's classics from 500 Recipes for Suppers and Snacks. A really hearty sixties meal with a lot of easy-to-obtain ingredients.
It is a little odd, with processed cheese consisting as one of the main ingredients. Most probably something to stay away from if you don't like cheese.
8 small cocktail sausages
3 oz elbow spaghetti
1 creamed corn on the cob
1 oz butter
6 - 8 oz of processed cheese
1. Grill fry or bake the sausages. Keep hot until needed later.
2. Cook the spaghetti until tender.
3. Strain and mix with the creamed corn on the cob and the butter
4. Season well/
5. Put a layer at the bottom of a casserole, cover with a layer of processed cheese, then a layer of corn on the cob mixture.
6. Top with a thick layer of cheese.
7. Cook for 15 minutes in a moderately hot oven, (400F - 425F, GM 5-6) until cheese melts.
8. Arrange sausages on top.