This will serve 8 to 10 people. It is great for cold meat and sandwiches.
1 lb. lean steak or steak mince
8 oz. bacon
1 small onion
4 oz. rolled oats
1 tablespoon or Worcester Sauce
1 level teaspoon of salt
Quarter level teaspoon pepper
Some dried breadcrumbs
1. Mince steak, bacon and onion together until very fine. Add the oats, Worcester sauce, beaten egg and seasoning and mix well.
2. Shape in to a long thick sausage and wrap carefully in aluminium foil, sealing the ends well.
3. Either bake on a tray or in a baking tin in a slow oven for 2 hours, or boil or even steam.
4. Put the dried bread crumbs ready on a piece of greaseproof paper. Remove the foil carefully and roll the sausage in the crumbs to coat thickly.
5. Leave until cold and store in cool place. Slice thinly and serve.
- Cheese Straws (recipevintage.wordpress.com)