Farmhouse Fare gives a recipe for home-made cider. I have put a link to www.allotment.org.uk at the bottom as they go in to more detail about making your own cider and wine.
1. Take fallen apples (smaller ones are better for this recipe) and cut up then place in an earthenware jar.
2. Cover with cold water and protect with muslin and let it stand for 10 days giving it the occasional stir daily.
3. When fermentation has ceased strain and add 1 3/8 (624g) of sugar to each gallon.
4. Add a slice of beetroot to the mixture to improve the colour.
5. Bottle and let stand uncorked for 14 days. It should then almost cease working.
6. Cork securely and in two or three months time, you should have sparkling cider.
For a more scientific method, have a look at this.