4 oz. luxury margarine or organic butter
4 oz. sieved self-raising flour
5 oz. castor sugar
1 heaped teaspoon of sieved cocoa
1 tablespoon of milk
For the filling:
2 oz. Plain Chocolate
2 oz. luxury margarine or organic butter
2 dessert spoons of hot water
1 oz. castor sugar
1 dessert spoon of milk
1. Mix ALL cake ingredients quickly in a mixing bowl
2. Beat well with a wodden spoon for one to two minutes.
3. Put mixture into two 7-inch sandwich tins greased with margarine and the bottom lined with greaseproof paper.
4. Smooth tops and bake in the middle of a moderate oven 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a cake rack.
1. Melt chocolate carefully over hot water (don't let it get hot) then cool it slightly.
2. Whisk margarine, chocolate and castor sugar in a small bowl for one to two minutes.
3. Add water, then milk, then whisk. Sandwich cakes together with chocolate filling. Dust top with sugar.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (thesunbaker.wordpress.com)
- Gooey Carrot Apple Ginger Cake (alisonamazed.wordpress.com)
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake with Ganache or Chocolate Buttercream (recipes) (redglitterx.wordpress.com)