1 Breast of Lamb
2 oz. Butter
8 oz. Rice
1 oz. Raisins
2 Beef Extract Cubes (OXO or Knorr will do)
2 Pints of water
8 oz. Tomatoes
salt and pepper
1. Cut the lamb into pieces and trim off excess fat.
2. Melt 1 oz. butter in a saucepan.
3. Chop the onion and cook with the meat in the butter for a few minutes.
4. Cover with water, bring to the boil and crumble in the beef extract cubes.
5. Reduce the heat and allow the meat to cook until tender which should be for about 1 hour.
6. In another pan, melt 1 oz. of butter and cook the rice for a few minutes
7. Add raisins, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook gently for 15 minutes.
8. Strain over the stock from the meat.
9. Strain off any liquid and serve.
This recipe is worded in the book quite confusingly and I have tried to re-word it accurately. If you have any idea what they mean, or have any success with this dish please contact me and I will amend this recipe.