4 oz. Shredded suet
8 oz. flour and salt mixed with some cold water.
2 eggs well beaten
1 teacupful of castor sugar
1 large or two small lemons, the juice and rind of.
2 oz. fresh melted butter.
These dumplings should be made in small individual moulds to prevent any water getting in to spoil lemon curd centres.
1. Well grease some small moulds and line with thinly rolled suet pastry made with 4 oz. shredded suet, 8 ozs. flour, salt and mixed with cold water.
2. Make a curd filling by well beating 2 eggs and adding 1 teacupful castor sugar, juice and grated rind of the lemons and the melted butter.
3. Whip all together and nearly fill each dumpling.
4. Cover tops with a lid of pastry making sure you squeeze the edges together well.
5. Tie over with greased paper and steam for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn out carefully and sift with a little fine sugar and serve hot.