So its going to be New Years Day, and for some of us there is going to be MORE cold meat and turkey after some more big meals. Keith Floyd has this wonderful recipe from Floyd on Britain and Ireland. This makes 2 pints (1 litre).
1.5 ounce (40g) salt
1 ounce (25g) allspice
1 ounce (25g) mustard seed
1 ounce (25g) of white pepper
1 ounce (25g) grated horseradish
half on ounce (15g) each mace, cayenne pepper and cloves
2 pints (1 litre) vinegar
1. Slice lemons, remove the pips and rub salt into the slices.
2. Mix the allspice , mustard seed, pepper, horseradish, mace, cayenne and cloves.
3. Put the lemons slices in layers in a jar and sprinkle the mixed spices between each layers
4. Pour over the vinegar at boiling point.
5. Set aside for 24 hours, squeeze, strain and bottle.
Visit Keith's website http://www.floydonline.co.uk/ for more recipes and buy some books.