This recipe would work great with a pre-roasted chicken you get from the supermarket.
[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"][/caption]
1 roasting chicken
2 tablespoons of oil
2 level tablespoons of honey
quarter pint of stock
1 level tablespoon of cornflour
4 oz. dripping
2 tablespoons of pickle
3 tablespoons soya sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons water
1. Melt the dripping, joint the chicken and fry gently until well cooked and golden brown.
2. Skin and chop the tomatoes and onions.
3. Heat oil and fry tomatoes, onion and pickle for 5 minutes.
4. Add stock, soy sauce, honey and vinegar and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes. Blend cornflour with the water and add to the sauce.
6. Bring to the boil stirring. Serve the chicken and pour sauce around.
Alternatively serve sauce and chicken separately using your fingers to eat chicken and dip with sauce.