[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"][/caption]
3 lbs of Fish (carp, pike or bass)
1 tablespoon of vinegar
2 chopped onions
4 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
5 whole peppers
2 ground cloves
1 teaspoon of Worcester Sauce
1 pint of Dark Beer (locally produced craft beer/real ale/stout maybe?)
1. Prepare the fish by cleaning it and scaling cutting it in to three inch slices.
2. Brown the onion in the butter, adding the flour and cook for three minutes.
3. Add the beer and all other ingredients except the vinegar.
4. Boil the sauce to the thickness of single cream.
5. Add the fish slices to the sauce, and continue boiling until the fish is well done.
6. Finally add the vinegar and continue boiling for another two minutes. Pour the sauce through a strainer and serve separately.